Monday, January 8, 2007

Death by Comedy

Yes, we had Death By Scrabble. Now it's time for a much more up close and personal "Death by Comedy". Read on, if you dare...

It all started yesterday at the gym. I did usual the recombi bike and weight training, and then got on the cross trainer for the usual final 15 minutes of cardio. Now I don't mind the cross trainer, it's challenging, especially after I've already been working out for over 70 minutes before even starting, but it's a good challenging. I do enjoy watching tv while I do it though, to help the time pass. (Note that fact, it's important to the plot.)

To get back to our story, I got on the cross trainer, put on my headphones, grabbed the tv remote and started working out. While channel surfing I found the Sports Edition of TV Bloopers, and that show was nearly the death of me. That's right gentle readers, you nearly lost me yesterday. How, you ask? Like this...

The show was so damn funny that I started cracking up, and I mean hysterical, tears streaming down your face laughter. There I was, laughing my ass off, wheezing, crying, trying to both stifle the laughter (people were starting to stare at the crazy crying girl) and keep working out at my regular pace. I thought I was going to choke from trying to keep it all together - keep exercising, keep breathing, and stop screaming hysterically at the top of my lungs. By the time I finally finished I was done for. I was gasping for breath, tears streaming down, doubled over with laughter. But I made it. I finished my workout without missing a beat. Death would not get me today. But comedy sure as hell did.

I wonder how many extra calories that burned...

2 comments:

Terri said...

Thanks for the funny visual. I thought you were going to say that you were laughing so hard you tripped and it tossed you against the wall or something.

I know about that.......did it once. SOOOO embarrasing.

Laughing has to burn calories!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you're having fun AND burning calories! ;) Glad you didn't drown in your happy tears!