Monday, June 25, 2007

It's that time of year again

End of the year party time that is. Do your children's schedules get this crazy at the end of the year too or is this an Israeli thing?

Last Thursday and Saturday we had birthday parties. Yesterday Itai had his English lesson (no change there for now), today is blissfully free so we'll head for the pool with a picnic supper this afternoon, tomorrow is Itai's kindergarten graduation (a two-hour event in the evening with no brothers and sisters, so we've got a sitter for Maya, and Jay has to bake two pizzas to bring). Wednesday is his grand finale show for rollerblading (another evening party, and this time he wants to invite a friend to come along), Thursday is his afternoon program's end of year party (and Maya's developmental intake exam for several hours in the morning, just to keep things interesting). Friday is yet another birthday party (got to fit in all those summer birthdays before the end of the year), next Wednesday starts 2x a week swimming lessons, and then next Thursday morning Jay and Itai leave for Eilat (a family trip for Jay's company) while Maya and I remain behind for her end of year party/graduation that evening and then fly down to meet up with them the following morning. By then camp will be in full swing too. Sheesh. I think I'd better schedule "eat and breathe" in there somewhere or we're going to run out of time for that too! And I just know that at some point, someone in this family is going to show up on the wrong day or at the wrong event. It's practically inevitable...

Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer? All we're getting here are the hazy crazy ones. And then Jay wonders why by the time the weekends roll around all I want to do is veg!
Please tell me I'm not the only one facing this level of insanity.

PS Someone just found my blog by doing a search for "my boyfriend wet the bed diaper". Ewww! I don't even want to know what that's all about, but I strongly suspect that this post they found isn't it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our schedules are insane right now too Robin. I'm so tired it's ridiculous. Anywho, LOVED the vacation pics! I wanted to be there with you-they were gorgeous and it looks like you guys had so much fun! Love the new blog look too-really nice. My computer time is so limited, but I miss you buddy! (oh and I'm loving your recipes and I think I'll start doing some too-I love getting ideas!)

deedee said...

My blogging time has fallen on the wayside due to crazy end of the year activities. Life should calm down in a couple of weeks.