Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I've looked at clouds from both sides now

Yesterday my dad flew the kids and I to visit some relatives who live about five hours away by car. Luckily that's only one hour by plane, it made a difficult trip to visit a very sick and much beloved relative easier than it could have been. It was still a very long day for the kids cooped up in cars, planes, restaurants and houses full of grownups they didn't know, but on the whole they were real troopers and did really well with the visiting, and I was happy to know that my dear aunt finally had the chance to see my children in something more than a photograph, since her long wished for trip to Israel is no longer a possibility.
.
Let that be a message to all of us - live TODAY. Don't wait for someday to live your dreams, because someday might just never come...
.
Now back to happier things. Both kids loved flying Air Grandpa. Itai sat up front and served as the "navigator" (pointing out various points on the GPS and letting my dad know when we were getting close). When I tried to talk to him (over the headphones) he responded curtly "not now mom, I have to concentrate!"

.

.
.
As you'll see from the photos, the title of this post is very apt. We saw clouds from underneath, on top, and right smack dab in the middle! Flying through a total whiteout is a very strange feeling...
.
.
.
.

21 comments:

Marinka said...

Wow, that's breathtaking. I'm so glad that your family got to do this!

Leora said...

Air Grandpa sounds like the way to fly!

Glad you got to see your aunt. I recently saw my elderly aunt in Israel; I was so glad to talk to her once again.

Nancy said...

Awesome Air Grandpa!
Beautiful photos Robin =)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd like that - although it looks beautiful small airplanes scare me to death. So glad you got to see your relative and you are right... today is the day!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Grandpas! Great message, and beautiful clouds. I hope you are having a grand time.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome opportunity for your kids!

Robert said...

Thanks for taking us on vacation with you. These are great.

storyteller said...

I love the song in your title and it’s so fitting for the nifty photos you’ve shared. I’m sorry your loved one is ill but glad you were able to visit more easily by flying than driving. The kids seemed quite pleased by the experience. I'm wishing you and yours well ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

L D said...

That is SO COOL. Hubby wants to get his PPL, and this post may have just put another point into his bucket. I'm so glad that you got a chance to see your relatives!

Janet said...

I'm glad you got to see your aunt (and that she got to see your kids, too) and clouds from every angle!

anymommy said...

So true. I'm really glad that your aunt got to see you and your kids! What an amazing trip you are having - I want to fly Air Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

The clouds ar my favorite thing about flying in a small airplane. So close to the clouds and so fun to play in them. Love your shots.

Shannon said...

Totally awesome! And what a memory for the kids.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely awesome that Itai got to sit in front! Looks like he had a ball. I know A would love to do something like that!

Melissa said...

wow, that is just beauitful! nice pics!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had an air grandpa. That looks like fun and how lovely that your aunt got to see your kids in person.

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh my gosh. Amazing. I like your advice, and the pictures with the kids are great!

Lilibeth said...

Pictures to treasure and it looks like the kids will always remember this vacation. It's so important that they have these times with family.

Preethi said...

awesome!!!

Unknown said...

how incredibly awesome is that?! love the headphones!

Phyllis Sommer said...

o wow o wow o wow!!!!! so cool.