Thursday, December 18, 2008

Water with lemon

.
I'm continuing with the selective colorization theme again this week (which is way too much fun to play with and therefore is probably either illegal or else fattening). I see that Mary's done something similar with her photo this week but has taken it in a completely different and very cool direction. Three cheers for the creative process and all it's twists and turns.
.
My own photo this time is (obviously) a carafe of water with lemon sections - picked from our very own lemon tree on our very own roof! (Finally, something that didn't curl up and die when it saw us coming!) Instead of going with straight sepia I gave the background an old paper effect which I am really loving and just bumped up the levels on the lemons a bit.
.
Enjoy, and check out this week's Sepia Scenes for loads more old-timey flavored goodness.
.
PS I think I've figured out the clickable photo issue - if I'm right and you click on this one you should be able to see the full-size photo. If not, let me know and I'll keep trying.
.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you've applied te "old paper" effect. I'll definitely have to try.

Anonymous said...

The paper effect looks like the perfect background for the bottled water :)

P/S: Click and the photo enlarges..is working all right :)

Leora said...

This is great. I love the yellow against the grays. Congratulations on being able to use your own lemon.

I took a ballet pic yesterday, loaded it on my camera and saw lots of little girls with red eye. Since I have to get the red eye out, anyway, it may show up as a colorization project one of these days.

Thanks for your inspirations, with this and I also cropped a berry photo after reading your comment.

Mojo said...

This is an awesome shot with or without the effects. I use spot color now and then in (otherwise) monochrome images, but the monochrome part is always converted in post production. You've gotten it without having to go through that process. Bravo!

Janet said...

mmm, I love lemons :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

This is wonderful, Robin. I still haven't figured out how to get that little bit of colour like you did with the lemon. ;-)

Libby's Library said...

I think that maybe I need to save up to get Photoshop. I'm amazed at what you do. Wonderful picture - as always!

Phyllis Sommer said...

love it love it. i'm glad to see so much secret blogging happening!!!!

Jientje said...

Your own lemon tree? Wow, that must be wonderful!
I absolutely LOVE that picture, very nice work!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea..I do have to play around a bit...

maryt/theteach said...

Incredible Robin, excellent sepia scenes post and photo! Love the old paper and the real yellowy lemon! :)