Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lobster Buoys

In keeping with the Maine lobster theme I seem to have going this week (though technically this one is actually the side of a New Hampshire boathouse)...




Visit Wordless Wednesday to see what else people aren't saying this week.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

21 comments:

Mojo said...

Oh yeah... like this a lot! Did you desaturate it slightly or did it just have that faded, antique look already?

Either way... cool!

Robin said...

Both actually - it was pretty faded, but I did put my own tweaks in.

kayerj said...

love this shot

Anonymous said...

Great shot!

quilly said...

Why do lobsters need bouys?

;)

Nice shot.

Anonymous said...

beautiful colors and subject matter.

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

I love this shot...took me a second to figure it out though.

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

I love this shot...took me a second to figure it out though.
Hopefully this doesn't post more than once..my internet is being wonky.

Indrani said...

Love the effect given. :)

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Love the muted weathered tones, its so down to earth.

catsynth said...

I also like the muted weathered tones, together with the composition is has a somewhat abstract quality.

Stan said...

You did a nice job focusing in on detail. I would have believed Maine if you hadn't confessed.

caite said...

yes, I love the muted look too...is that natural or an effect?

Beth F said...

Nice -- I like the weathered look. I hope to be in Maine in the next few weeks -- I'll try not be derivative in my photos, but who can resist bouys?

amandab said...

I love the colour and the framing, wonderful.

Happy WW!

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE it! Nice shot! :)

WW: Future Driver

Susan Adcox said...

Great textures. Evokes a great little fishing village in . . . New Hampshire.

I am Harriet said...

You had me for a moment. I thought Lobsters in Israel? Then I saw the Maine :)


Have a great Wednesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/you-go-girl/

Genny said...

Robin, I love how the wood looks almost soft. This is a very peaceful, lazy-day photo. I love it!

Daryl said...

Love the texture!

HaB said...

What a great photo!!