Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Traditional Dutch Fishing Nets

.

Spotted at the Zuiderzee Museum last month.

Visit Wordless Wednesday to see what else people aren't saying this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

13 comments:

deedee said...

Very cool photo!

Daryl said...

You have such a good eye!

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Gives you new respect for the art of fishing those things look like they could tangle so easily be so heavy when wet to have to deal with on on a boat on a rocking sea. Though for the fishes sake I can't be sorry they are in retirement :)

Stan said...

You are a good tourist, picking out interesting details instead of the shots everyone else takes.

catsynth said...

Interest textures. I am not sure I would have known what those were without your explanation.

Mojo said...

I love everything about this! Awesome shot!

Carol said...

Interesting shot, I love it!
I'm thinking how they keep them from tangling :)

caite said...

wow, very nice.
very different from the nets I just saw in New England and very cool.
nice picture...

Unknown said...

lovely texture and contrast!

kayerj said...

makes an interesting photo that's for sure.

Laura said...

love the textures!

Jew Wishes said...

What a great study in texture...this is a lovely photo.

This Eclectic Life said...

I wish I could go on a photoshoot with you. You always find the most interesting shots. This one rocks!