Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sunrise, Early January


This was the view from my patio at 6:45 this morning. Almost made it worth being up and moving that early after a night that was far shorter than it should have been.

Visit Skywatch Friday for more skies from around the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

19 comments:

Frida said...

What a treat waking up to such a sunrise.

Daryl said...

I so agree about this sight, I wouldnt mind waking up to one like that ..

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You have a great view from your "island" Robin! Definitely worth getting up early for -- esp. if the coffee is perking ON the Island.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

What glorious color! I'm sorry your night was evidently restless, but I am happy too that it brought me this beautiful sunrise from Israel.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Gorgeous!

kayerj said...

the sky looks like it is on fire, great shot.

Sylvia K said...

Glorious way to begin the day! Nothing like flaming skies to get one moving! Terrific capture, Robin! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

Jim said...

What a brilliant sky and photo.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Anonymous said...

beautiful. i never wake up early enough to catch one.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, very pretty! =)

Happy SWF!

Anonymous said...

A promise in the making.


Please have a good Friday.

daily athens

Indrani said...

Beautiful start of the day.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Almost takes my breath away! It was wonderful to see what your corner of the world looks like early in the morning - thank you for sharing!

Laura said...

only almost???? Gorgeous!

Regina said...

Awesome!
Happy New Year Robin.

Bhupesh said...

Beautiful shot

Thaks for your visit

Bhupesh

Terri said...

Gorgeous shot Robin. The colours are amazing!

Kate said...

Beautiful!

Dina said...

Wow, very dramatic.
This morning I woke up to the valley filled with a cloud.