Monday, June 27, 2011

Name that Photo Contest!

(You'll forgive me if I go for that "purple with a hint of magenta is in the red family" thing, right? Especially since I'm desperate for your help? I'm not above groveling you know. *grovel grovel grovel*)


This is one of a series of three images I created this weekend of a purple (oops, I mean reddish-tinted of course) chrysanthemum. I'm really pleased with how the turned out and would like to list them in my etsy shop. The only catch is I'm utterly and completely stumped for titles, or at least for titles that aren't "Purple Chrysanthemum 1, 2 and 3". 

So here's where you come in:

Put on those creative thinking caps you've all got and suggest some titles, either for the series or for the individual photos. If I choose your title for the etsy listing I'll send you a 5x7" (or metric equivalent) copy of your choice of the three images.

To keep things straight we'll call the photograph featured here "Purple Chrysanthemum 1". Purple Chrysanthemum 2 is here and Purple Chrysanthemum 3 is here.

Leave your entries in the comments please, and have fun with it. I can't wait to see what you come up with. (Ok, actually I'm desperate, so please play. Pretty please with a cherry on top?)

UPDATE: THEY'VE BEEN NAMED AND LISTED AND CAN BE FOUND HERE, HERE AND HERE. CLICK TO SEE THE IMAGES AND THEIR NEW TITLES IN MY ETSY SHOP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

17 comments:

Daryl said...

Lean this way .. its cooler ...

Leora said...

Study in magenta and grunge

Luna Miranda said...

Don't be shy...

Phyllis Sommer said...

"Hold my hand, my dear"
or
"Take My Hand"
or
"I Wanna Hold Your Hand"

It looks like a parent/child, especially the way there are two petals overlapping in the middle, as though they are "holding hands"

Patti said...

"I'm so angry I'm going to close up my petals!"

(the little one says to the big one)

Ralph said...

I am partial to:

"Perfection in Purple"
or
"Crowns of Chrysanthemum"

The capture is lovely!

Meikah said...

I love the shot!

Here's my attempt:
A dash of purple (to brighten the day)! ;))

SouthLakesMom said...

From Luke 12:27

"They do not labor or spin."

And I think the third one really lends itself to the entire verse:

Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

OR

The word of our God endures forever. Isaiah 40:8b

K

Roan said...

1. Shades of Purple
2. Purple Sentinels
3. Breath of Summer

Whatever you decide, all are gorgeous!

Dianne said...

they're all so beautiful

number 1 or 3 could be called - reach for the sun

the series could be called - Purple Paegant

Stephanie V said...

These flowers remind me of snow-capped mountains seen in the distance. I can't make my mind create a catchy name, though - sorry.
Love number One.

Robin said...

Hmmm... lots to mull over.

Dianne, I love Reach for the Sun - so much so that I've already got one Reach for the Sun in my shop ;).

Robin said...

"They do not labor or spin." I really like that. It's stayed with me all day. It also sent me off on a hunt for quotes (how on earth could I have forgotten to hunt for quotes???) where I found a poem I really like which will give me three related quotes on a theme, so I think that will work best for this series, but I am definitely holding on to SouthLakesMom's away for a future draft pick, so to speak.

You win K, with my thanks for a beautiful title suggestion and the creative inspiration. Let me know which of the three you'd like and I'll get it on its way :).

Liz said...

Lovely flowers!

My entries:
Moms...Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Heckety said...

They are just so lovely. I especially like the way you have the petals popping out from the more neutral, blurry background, such depth you'd think you could reach out and feel the flower!

shibori girl said...

These photos are really elegant and romantic. Beau-TEE-ful!

Kate

Mimi said...

Hi Robin, sorry I missed these, but have followed the link to your Etsy, and i LOVE the titles. Of course I love your photos too, that goes without saying.
Thanks for your comment, wouldn't ever have thought of it for SSS, but would love to play! And you've inspired me to do another one for next week!
Have a lovely weekend!